The Australian Timor-Leste Advancement Society is incorporated and has a governing constitution for the public charitable purpose of providing development assistance to communities in developing countries, in particular to communities in Timor-Leste that are disadvantaged or in poverty.
Solely in furthering that purpose, the Society’s purposes specifically include:
- Establishing, monitoring and evaluating development projects within East Timor that are focused on educating local communities.
- Provide work skills and other assistance to enable recipients to set up a small self-sustaining business of their own.
- Assist in the building and maintenance of educational facilities.
- Targeted assistance to specific disadvantaged groups to assist in transition into education or paid employment with the objective of those recipients becoming self-sustaining.
- Training and development of skills including personal care, nutrition, drug and alcohol education, pregnancy and similar skills.
- Vocational training support in areas such as hospitality, tourism, carpentry, health, mechanics and other trade skills.
- Entering into partnerships with local organisations that share the companies principal purpose of providing development assistance to communities in developing countries that are disadvantaged or in poverty.