Australia Timor-Leste Advancement Society (ATLAS)
PO Box 211
St Marys NSW 1790
Phone: +61 2 9602 1083
Fax: +61 2 9601 2046
ATLAS is committed to ensuring that an individual’s privacy is protected. Should we ask for certain information by which individuals can be identified, then it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
ATLAS may change this policy from time to time by updating this document. This policy is effective from 1st January 2014.
What Information We Collect
We may collect the following information to assist us in presenting to you relevant information and updates, for financial reasons ( to make or receive payments), our projects, our performance and other relevant information. This information may include:
- name and title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to our appeals and offers.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better information and service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new appeals, offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact information which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners only for ATLAS marketing or promotional purposes and not for further distribution.
- We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address above.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at the address above.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information.